Get your every day, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related information – investigating the tales flying underneath the radar of right now’s crypto information.
- Worldwide cash switch large SWIFT is planning experiments in Q1 2022 to discover the way it can assist “interoperability within the growth of the tokenized asset market,” per an announcement from the corporate. These experiments will use each established types of cost and central financial institution digital currencies, they added.
- Pavel Durov, the co-founder and CEO of the favored messaging app Telegram, said he’s proud that the Telegram Open Community (TON) know-how remains to be being developed, even after Telegram formally deserted the venture final yr, calling the venture “years forward of all the pieces else within the blockchain realm.” The remarks got here as Donate, a Telegram-verified funds service, said it’s going to allow donations on Telegram utilizing the Toncoin cryptocurrency.
- Accepting cryptocurrency funds provides companies a aggressive edge, in accordance with respondents to a survey performed by crypto funds agency Mercuryo. Furthermore, 68% of respondents stated B2B transaction charges are too excessive and that “it’s time for an business change,” in accordance with the agency.
- The decentralized software (dapp) retailer DappRadar stated it’s going to prolong its business-to-consumer dapp retailer to incorporate enterprise companions. The announcement comes after the corporate final week shifted to a extra decentralized mannequin and launched its personal RADAR token.
- Binance coin (BNB) is “shifting nearer to a decentralized autonomous group (DAO) construction than an ‘change’ coin,” Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao said, after Binance announced a brand new “auto-burn” operate had been built-in into the BNB protocol. The quarterly burn can be changed with BNB Auto-Burn to offer better transparency and predictability to the BNB Neighborhood, the corporate stated.
- Coinbase said it’s going to hyperlink up with software program firm Enfusion’s Order Execution Administration System to present institutional prospects with a Coinbase Prime account the chance to commerce seamlessly from Enfusion’s platform.
- The decentralized change (DEX) Uniswap (UNI) has been deployed on the Ethereum (ETH) Layer 2 community Polygon (MATIC), in accordance with a weblog post from Polygon.
- The Sandbox, a subsidiary of Hong Kong-headquartered writer of cell video games Animoca Manufacturers, introduced that consulting firm PwC Hong Kong has acquired a LAND web site in The Sandbox metaverse. “PwC Hong Kong thus turns into the primary member of an internationally acknowledged skilled companies community, and the primary member agency of the PwC world community, to publicly enter The Sandbox,” stated the press launch shared with Cryptonews.com. ( The right way to Purchase Digital Land within the Metaverse: A Newbie’s Information)
- The Financial Authority of Singapore (MAS) has eliminated regulatory exemptions for greater than 100 firms working within the crypto sector within the city-state, per a Nikkei report. Lots of the firms had reportedly utilized for licenses to supply “digital cost token companies,” however had later seen their functions both rejected or withdrawn, Nikkei wrote.
- The US Securities and Alternate Fee (SEC) has rejected a proposal by funding agency Kryptoin for a bitcoin (BTC) spot-based exchange-traded fund (ETF). The rejection comes after the regulator final month rejected the same proposal from VanEck. To date, solely bitcoin futures-backed ETFs have been accepted by the SEC.
- Wyoming Republican Senator Cynthia Lummis, one of many crypto business’s staunchest supporters in Congress, is planning to introduce a complete invoice subsequent yr that will cowl all the pieces from how digital belongings are taxed and categorized to client protections, Bloomberg reported.
- Crypto lending platform B.Protocol has raised USD 2.2m in a seed spherical led by the crypto funding fund 1kx, with participation from The Spartan Group, Robotic Ventures, Dovey Wan’s Primitive Ventures, and others. BPRO tokens to buyers can be progressively unlocked from a wise contract over a 4-year interval, an announcement from B.Protocol stated.
- The non-fungible token (NFT)-focused startup Arcade has raised USD 15m in a Sequence A spherical with investments from Pantera Capital, Fort Island Ventures, Franklin Templeton, Quantstamp CEO Richard Ma and BlockFi CEO Zac Prince, per an announcement.
- A Canadian teenager is needed by the police as he allegedly acquired away with USD 16m he obtained by discovering an exploit in a decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol in October. The 19-year-old, named Andean “Andy” Medjedovic, is needed after he failed to indicate up for a court docket listening to on December 22, per a number of media reviews.